SMS Text Message Function
Content may not apply to all models. See Related Information or consult your owner's manual for specific information about your vehicle.
SMS Text Message Function1 Frequently Asked Questions
- My phone is paired and is fully-compatible with the SMS feature, but I still don't receive any messages.
- Some phones have a MAP setting in the Bluetooth®2 menu. Make sure the feature is enabled.
- Can I change the preset messages?
- The preset messages are set to reduce potential driver distraction and cannot be changed.
- Can I turn off the messages so they don't pop up?
- Yes, in the phone setting screen you can turn off the message notification. To completely turn off the SMS functionality you must turn off the MAP setting on your phone.
- I want to send a text to someone in my phonebook while driving. How can I do that?
- The SMS feature only allows you to respond to messages already received. It is also possible to call the person that sent the text and avoid sending any texts while driving. Remember, many state laws prohibit using a hand-held device to send text messages while driving.
- I have a phone that receives texts but I can't respond.
- Your phone may not have the necessary functionality to use the SMS Text Message Function, and that may be why you cannot reply. Check the HandsFreeLink® website for SMS phones that are fully compatible with the Function.
- Sometimes my text messages don't display the sender's information. Why?
- The HandsFreeLink system will match the phone number from the received text message to the imported phonebook and display the corresponding contact name. If no match can be made, only the phone number will be displayed. Note: The cellular phone must send the phone number to the HandsFreeLink system. If the phone does not send the information, the sender's information will not be displayed and the text message cannot be replied to.
- Can the SMS messages be read in another language?
- Yes, you must have the Navigation system language set to either Spanish or French in order for the texts to be read in that language.
- What happens if a text is sent from an unrecognized language?
- It will depend on the language. If the words are spelled using English characters, the system will try to read the characters. If the language uses unrecognized characters such as Japanese, it will respond with "Your message cannot be read."
- SMS Text Message Function is available on select 2015, 2014 and 2013 Acura models, and is compatible with select phones with Bluetooth® only. Your wireless carrier's rate plans apply. State or local laws may limit use of texting feature. Only use texting feature when conditions allow you to do so safely.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Honda Motor Co., Ltd., is under license.
Need more help? Contact your local Acura Dealer for assistance.