Acura ELS Surround® Sound
Content may not apply to all models. See Related Information or consult your owner's manual for specific information about your vehicle.
*MDX shown for demonstration purposes.
Acura/ELS Surround Sound System
Grammy® award-winning recording engineer and producer, Elliot Scheiner, helped design the Acura/ELS Surround® Premium 10-speaker Sound System to reproduce music the way it is heard in the recording studio. As a result, surround sound fills the car from any stereo digital source. In addition to all the source inputs of the standard ZDX audio system, features of the Acura/ELS system include:
- 435-watt amplifier with digital 96 kHz sampling for crystal-clear sound
- 15 gig hard drive and an updatable Gracenote® database
- USB** Audio interface with iPod®*** integration
- MP3- and WMA*-compatible disc player
- 10 speakers—1 per door, 2 tweeters, 1 center mid-range, 2 rear surround, 1 powered 8-inch subwoofer
- Detailed audio system displays through the navigation screen
- Almost all functions can be performed by Voice Recognition
To ensure your audio system recognizes the latest releases, it is recommended that you update the Gracenote database quarterly. Please click here to obtain the latest Gracenote database.
*Windows Media® Audio is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft® Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
**The USB Audio Interface is used for direct connection to and control of some current digital audio players and other USB devices that contain MP3, WMA or AAC music files. Some USB devices with security software and digital rights-protected files may not work. Please see your local Acura dealer for details on compatibility.
***Currently includes fifth generation or later Apple iPod, Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, or iPhone®. iPod is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Need more help? Contact your local Acura Dealer for assistance.