About Acura Accessories
Fit, Finish and Functionality
Acura Accessories are designed specifically for Acura vehicles, providing a factory color match, factory-installed appearance and functionality tailored to each individual model.
Acura Accessories are engineered to the same exacting quality standards as the automobiles for which they are designed. Each is rigorously tested under severe conditions, assuring the utmost in durability and reliability.
Your new Acura automobile is pre-wired for Acura Electronic Systems Accessories such as Audio, Video and Security System. This assures full compatibility and optimum system integration.
Every Acura Genuine Accessory comes with a limited warranty from Acura. When installed on your new Acura vehicle, Acura Accessories are covered for 12 months/12,000 miles or the remainder of your new vehicle warranty, whichever is longer.
Acura Accessories – including alloy wheels, spoilers, Remote Engine Starters and others – can add resale value to your Acura automobile.
When purchased at the same time as your new Acura automobile, Acura Accessories can be included in the vehicle financing package.
Non-Acura parts and/or accessories are not warrantied by [or: under warranty with] American Honda and may not be serviceable at Acura dealers. The purchaser should check with the Dealer Sales Representative to find out what warranties, if any, are available for non-Acura parts and/or accessories, where they can be serviced and what company provides these warranties and/or services.
When you purchase an Acura Genuine Accessory, you can be sure that it is specifically designed and tested to fit your Acura model.
Every Acura Genuine Accessory goes through a series of rigorous tests to ensure it meets the highest quality standards.
Examples of Testing Processes:
- High speed testing ensures minimal adverse effects to vehicle dynamic performance.
- Cyclic corrosion testing ensures that surface finish won’t blister, peel or discolor when subjected to extreme environments.
- Mixed rough road durability testing ensures long life by confirming chip and corrosion resistance, and dynamic performance.
- Salt spray testing ensures the plating will not blister, peel or corrode when subjected to high salt environments.
- Thermo-cycle testing ensures products like fender trim will not deform, crack, shatter or blister when subjected to extreme hot and cold environments.
- Weather testing helps ensure the garnish will not fade excessively when exposed to outside elements.
- Wind tunnel testing ensures that the part does not generate excessive noise during high-speed driving.
- Abrasion testing ensures that material will not wear prematurely from excessive use.
Acura Accessory Wheel Engineering Development:
- Widths matched to vehicle specification to ensure proper clearance and help preserve handling characteristics. When using the recommended tire (or tire chains, if applicable) Acura Genuine Accessory Wheels have been designed and tested to ensure proper tire clearance for your vehicle.
- Cast-in ribs provide structural strength. Variable rim thickness is specifically tailored to each vehicle to maximize strength and minimize weight.
- Wheels are made with superior quality materials to help ensure your safety, should the unexpected happen.
Featured Acura Accessory
Acura Remote Engine Starter
The all new Acura Remote Engine Starter System is designed to provide Acura owners with the convenience of warming up your car on cold days or cooling on hot days without leaving the comfort of your home or office.
With the Acura Remote Engine Starter System, your vehicle is protected at all times while you start or stop your vehicle from a distance of up to 200 feet.
The remote includes an LCD display that indicates the status of your vehicle. When you activate the Remote Engine Starter a comprehensive check is initiated that ensures all security and immobilizer system are intact and operational. This factory integrated security feature cannot be claimed with aftermarket products.
Acura Remote Engine Starter System includes:
- One LCD Remote
- Receiver Unit
- Wire Harness
- Owner’s Manual/Quick Start
Every Acura Accessory carries a full 4-year/50,000 mile warranty when installed at the time you purchase your new Acura vehicle.
*Available for 2007-2009 MDX.
Caution: Never start your vehicle in an enclosed area as this may cause carbon monoxide build-up